Supporting Online Material for Improved Learning in a Large-Enrollment Physics Class
1. Engagement measurements discussion.
2. Experimental section opinion survey and responses.
3. Test given to both sections on the material taught.
4. Slides shown in the three days of class in the experimental section. There is typically
one question or task per slide, with about six slides per 50 minute class. Commentary
on the design and preparation is inserted (in italics).
5. Learning objectives agreed upon by the two instructors.
6. Hawthorne effect comment, and discussion of engagement and attendance in courseswith similar design over a full semester.
7. List of proven teaching practices used, with references.