Your Guide to Educational Technology Journals on the Web
1. Australian Journal of Educational Technology (AJET) – a refereed academic journal publishing research and review articles in educational technology, instructional design, educational applications of computer technologies, educational telecommunications and related areas.
2. British Journal of Educational Technology (BJET) – provides readers with the widest possible coverage of developments in international educational and training technology. Subscription required.
3. Canadian Journal of Learning and Technology (CJLT) – a peer-reviewed, scholarly journal published 3 times annually by AMTEC.
4. Computer Assisted Language Learning (CALL) – international, peer-reviewed journal which leads the field in its total dedication to all matters associated with the use of computers in language learning (L1 and L2). It provides a forum to discuss the discoveries in the field and to exchange experience and information about existing techniques.
5. Computers & Education – journal discussing the educational aspects of computers.
6. Computers in the Schools – articles emphasize the practical aspect of any application, but also tie theory to practice, relate present accomplishments to past efforts and future trends, identify conclusions and their implications, and discuss the theoretical and philosophical basis for the application.
7. Educational Technology and Society – a quarterly journal which seeks academic articles on the issues affecting the developers of educational systems and educators who implement and manage such systems.
8. Educational Technology Review – publication which is designed to provide a multi-disciplinary forum to present and discuss all aspects of educational technology in all learning environments.
9. From Now On (FNO) – journal on educational technology for engaged learning and literacy.
10. Interactions – termly electronic journal of the Educational Technology Service at the University of Warwick. This web-based publication aims to keep staff informed about teaching and learning technology methods, media, support and innovation going on…
11. Interactive Educational Multimedia – journal intended as a space for dialogue and reflection about the application of the multimedia technologies in education.
12. International Journal of Instructional Media – focuses on quality research and presents articles about ongoing programs in instructional media and education.
13. International Journal of Technology and Design Education – …encouraging research and development in any aspect of technology and design education…
14. Interpersonal Computing and Technology Journal (IPCT-J) – focus is on computer-mediated communication, and the pedagogical issues surrounding the use of computers and technology in educational settings.
15. Journal of Computing in Higher Education – publishes peer-reviewed essays, reviews, reports, and research articles that contribute to our understanding of the issues, problems, and research associated with instructional technology and educational environments.
16. Journal of Computing in Teacher Education – a refereed journal published quarterly by the Special Interest Group for Teacher Educators (SIGTE) of the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE). The journal provides a forum for sharing information among departments, schools, and colleges of education that are confronting the issues associated with providing computer and technology education for preservice and inservice teachers.
17. Journal of Educational Computing Research – a refereed journal discussing the use of computer-based technologies at all levels of the formal education system, business and industry, home-schooling, lifelong learning and unintentional learning environments.
18. Journal of Educational Media – aim is to stimulate and represent international and interdisciplinary discussion in the field with a particular focus on research contributing to practice and practical experiences with media in education.
19. Journal of Instructional Science and Technology (JIST) – international peer reviewed journal on instructional technology.
20. Journal of Interactive Learning Research (JILR) – publishes papers related to the underlying theory, design, implementation, effectiveness, and impact on education and training of interactive learning environments.
21. Journal of Interactive Media in Education (JIME) – publication discussing interactive media in education.
22. Journal of Research on Technology in Education – publishes articles that report on original research, system or project descriptions and evaluations, syntheses of the literature, assessments of the state of the art, and theoretical or conceptual positions that relate to educational computing.
23. Journal of Technology Education – provides a forum for scholarly discussion on topics relating to technology education. In addition, the Journal publishes book reviews, editorials, guest articles, comprehensive literature reviews, and reactions to previously published articles.
24. Journal of Technology & Teacher Education (JTATE) – serves as a forum for the exchange of knowledge about the use of information technology in teacher education.
25. Language Learning & Technology (LLT) – a refereed journal for second and foreign language educators.
26. Meridian – electronic journal dedicated to research and practice of computer technology in middle school classrooms.
27. The New Curriculum TNC – designed to provide essential resources to help teachers integrate technology into their classes, including annotated links and a biweekly column or two on practical tech-integration ideas. You will also find columns on issues, such as leadership and school policies, that are important to the successful integration of technology at schools.
28. Teaching English with Technology – journal for teachers of English.
29. Teaching Horizons in Education (THE) Journal – longest running, most widely read education technology publication…
30. TECHNOS – online version of the Agency for Instructional Technology Journal.